Wednesday, February 13, 2013

#7 Earth Snake's Confession

Earlier this week while having lunch at Chipotle with one of Jon's friends, Brian, I found out that of the five Chinese elements, I'm Earth (土) - this kind of brings me back to the Captain Planet song, but I digress! I'm normally not into horoscopes or zodiac readings, but you how it is sometimes when these readings actually make sense and apply to you? Of which my Earth Snake zodiac told me that I like keeping feelings to myself and not talk about it. To some extent, I've always known this to be true. But to have someone else comment on it and tell me how unhealthy it was, just made me take a beep and really think about it.

I like to think of myself as the world's best actress but the worst liar. See how that contradicts in itself already? But more so, I really think it says something about my personality, that could possibly use some serious change. For starters, I will set a New Year's resolution for myself to not take criticisms personally. Criticisms normally lead to a hell lot of bottled up feelings you know. If you are like me, facing the same problem, then know that you're not alone.

The past week has been really short, and empty, which actually gave me ample time to put more thought into how I was actually feeling up to this point - Day 33 in Los Angeles. Amongst the occasional meet-ups, lunches and sightseeing, I managed to admit to myself how disconnected I'm feeling towards the people and things in America. It is as the cliched saying goes, "I'm surrounded by millions of people but feel utterly alone". Now I sound just like Klaus from The Vampire Diaries (isn't Joseph Morgan just the most charming person ever?). It is not exactly a bump in the road I know how to even out yet, but hopefully time will fix all problems?

My favourite part of the week was actually the little Chinese New Year cookout four other Singaporeans and I had over in NorthRidge. Hainanese Chicken Rice, Spinach in Oyster Sauce and Chicken Curry. What would we have done without pre-mixes?!



Over the weekend, I did also make a trip to The Getty. View was spectacular, much prettier than atop Baldwin Hills. The sculpture in the museum titled "The Vexed Man" was my favourite piece for the evening. Watching him frown just makes you want to do the same doesn't it?

Despite having the best uncles in the world, who will double my red packet next year in 2014, I still am thankful for the little box of See's candies, card and Kungfu sunnies from S. I will learn Kungfu, and the sunnies will fit me well just like peanut butter with jelly on toast (:

Have a splendid Valentine's Day everyone ♥
Don't forget to spread love to your friends & family too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise