Wednesday, March 6, 2013

#10 Regrettably, maybe

Okay, folks.
Brace yourselves for a long-ass post! But first, I regret to say that my worst fears have come true - I've neglected Asian Hollywood Diaries (AHD) for more than a week, and for that I ought to be shot.

As strange as this may sound, right after I did a post on my dreamscape, I stopped having bad dreams. On the contrary, I dreamt that Jim Carrey waved to me in his big foot costume on the Oscars red carpet! I was not on the sidelines by the way. I was standing on the red carpet in a gorgeous dress, waiting to file my way into the theatre! Man, I really want to be famous. Well, I also did start sleeping on double pillows instead of one, and it feels better apart from the fact that now, I get up automatically at 4 a.m. each morning.

The past week into March 2013 has been really fulfilling - I made impromptu trips to Rodeo Drive, Griffith Observatory and Malibu! Hello, Two and a Half Men! But first, a shout out to my lovely Audrey Ong - Happy (belated) 25th Birthday!

I'm sorry the words turned out the opposite way. Well, Photobooth on Mac isn't very smart, is it?

Los Angeles was literally bathing in great weather last week; the sun was out and the ocean breeze was warm. Strangely enough, the deeper you go into the city, the cooler it gets because there's no sun. Outrageous I know. I was craving for dense dark chocolate cake anyway, so despite gloomy Beverly Hills, I still made a trip to Urth Cafe and chanced upon Rodeo Drive! Imagine my excitement right - Infamous Rodeo Drive, now who am I going to see next?! 

I didn't see anyone.
But I did pass by the store, Switch, which apparently is Lea Michele's favourite store to shop at. So, here it is! Presenting... Rodeo Drive!


Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills is one of the prettier places in Los Angeles I would say. Of course, not all of LA is this pretty. But this is Hollywood; where there are celebs, is also where the pretty sights and lights will be at. Sad truth.

I enjoy my tea breaks very much - a cuppa matcha latte, bagel, cake or waffle. Life is so sweet when you indulge in food, you know? But then, money also flows out of your pocket like water. Then again, friends always tell me to not think about that and enjoy myself to the fullest; after all, I'm only here for another three months right? I took their advice, and have since, never said "No" when asked out for an impromptu gathering. And the most awesome part of that is, I never regret it. I may be broke and a pauper by night, but hey, I've had the entire long day spent like a princess ♕! Isn't that what life was created to be like? 

So, Griffith Park and Observatory was way more beautiful than the Getty Center, where I had to pay $15 for parking - absolutely ridiculous, blood-choking amount. Griffith was FREE! Best word in a Singaporean's dictionary. It was a good hike up the slopes, and man, it was so packed on a Friday night. Now I know what else Americans do with their kids on a Friday night, besides getting drunk. With this trip to the Observatory, I've seen both faces of Hollywood. Pretty cool huh?

This is the left face of Hollywood taken from Griffith Park...

And this, is the right face of Hollywood, taken from Runyon Canyon.

The Griffith Observatory is definitely a place for geeks and astronomers. Most comprehensive museum of the Universe that I've ever seen. They also have a telescope on the roof deck, that is free for visitors to look into. Yea, kinda reminds you of the one in Dreamnworks' Megamind, doesn't it?

An actual moon rock! Geek alert.

Huge balls of planets hoovering overhead, which are created relative to their size from one another. Amazing place. Oh, and that's me looking all shabby.

Lights of Los Angeles - beautiful as always. Look at how grid-like LA is? Amazing, it is almost as if you'll never get lost if you start walking in squares.

Who would ever forget food right? Not this blogger! *points to gleaming self* All of us, Singaporeans, trotted happily to Roscoe's Chicken and waffles, only to have my starving tummy disappointed by the over-fried salty thigh of a chicken. The waffle was good though, but I mean, nothing can really go wrong with maple syrup, can it?

It was still a spectacular night out that ended with a bang - at Diddy Riese, guiltily and regrettably. It is almost as if I know of no other good ice cream places to go to! Oh wait, that is true. But I guess the highlight of my week was the horrendous two-hour long bus ride to Malibu, just to visit Charlie Sheen (I kid).

Me, trying to soak it all in at the rare 29 degrees celsius in California Spring!


Charlie Sheen was not here. I checked ): 

Being exposed to nature and all these beautiful sights that I would otherwise not get in Singapore, just made me appreciate pretty things even more. If say in your life, there is an exceptionally pretty thing or person, just remember that all these are not givens, you just got lucky. So do cherish them before they're gone! Then I had this nostalgic moment that took me all the way back to Sede Bella in Sheshan, Shanghai.


Sigh, one can only dream of being rich, famous and indulgent on the luxuries of life right? But for now, life isn't all that bad; I still have my tea lattes, bagels and almond croissants! Life's good. It always is (:


x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise