Tuesday, January 15, 2013

#2 Going Idle

Sometimes when I sit idly by, comfortable from the artificial heat generated by the heater, I wonder what other people are doing in LA? I just got to know today that Singapore's half the size of LA but twice the population. How crazy is that? Sorry, I really can't and will never appreciate crowded places. But you know what they say about Singaporeans, and how we're never satisfied and that we're extremely complacent? Guess they were right.

I really love how laid back LA is, but it isn't perfect. Maybe crowds would be good here, at least they'd have more purpose: (1) Shield me from the cold wind, and (2) populate the very empty streets. Nobody walks around here! Everyone has a car. And when you actually walk, you get more time to do the singaporean thing - whip out your camera and snap a lovely photo. Which was exactly what I did.


This is Jasmine Ave. On the left, the low long building is Sony Entertainment Pictures. Just look at that lovely sun and the long line of palm trees! Long Beach would have more though.

A short trip to the bank was all I did today. On the way back, I stopped by a little provision shop with an Indian man selling small stuff, meat and groceries. My goodness, when I walked in, it smelt exactly like all Indian mama shops in Singapore! I then took a short cut and walked through a really beautiful church, think it is also one of the oldest in the area. I was told St. Anthony's the statue to go to if you need to pray for a lost item or just about anything else that is missing. Is that right?


Then of course, after a good day on my articles, my lovely landlady cooks me dinner. This is chicken soup with Chinese lo mian. I've no idea what "lo mian" is, don't ask me. Could very well be maggi mee. I just love how she has the best food presentation skills! 

And that's another good day in LA! Day 4. Rest easy, everyone ♕

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise